This summer I was really intentional about carving out a little time each day to read (or listen to) a book. Even if it was for only 10 minutes, that little bit of time felt indulgent and would recharge me in a way that few things do. Here are a few of the books that I absolutely loved:
1. The Huntress - This book is so good and I stayed up way past bed time in order to finish it. Historical fiction, strong female characters, and a fast-moving storyline - what more could you want. I have loaned out my copy to so many friends because I need everyone to read this so that I have someone to talk to about it. Between this book and The Alice Network, Kate Quinn can do no wrong in my opinion and has quickly risen up the ranks as one of my favorite authors. Go get this book!
2. Ordinary Grace - Set in a hot southern summer, this coming to age book pulls on all the emotions. It seemed fitting to read this during the summer with cicadas and the Texas heat as my backdrop. This book has a Stand By Me quality to it and really enjoyed it.
3. Necessary Lies - So good as an audiobook. And about a 1950s social work topic that I had never heard about (don't want to give too much away. It was a delightful mix of thought-provoking and easy, summer reading (or listening in my case.)
4. The Broken Girls - This was another great listen. My only gripe is that I wish I would have listened to it in October because it has that wonderful spooky ghost story vibe mixed with a good ol' fashion who-did-it.
5. The Rules of Civility - This one has been on my TBR pile for so long and now I am wondering why I waited so long to read it. It loved it! Amor Towles creates magic with his words. It is like he has thoughtful chosen each word and woven them together to create these sentences that are so beautiful and impactful. Can't wait to read more by him.
I also created a list here of all my past and present book recommendations. If there is something that I am missing, please let me know in the comments. I am always on the hunt for my next great read.
Click here to see the full list.
Comments will be approved before showing up.