There are so many different ways to create embroidered leaves. But for today, we are going to keep things simple with a Leaf Stitch Tutorial.
For the purpose of teaching, I have drawn a leaf with a straight line going down the center. I find this to very helpful for beginners, but necessary once you are confident stitching leaves.
1. Create your first straight stitch. Bring your needle up at the top of the leaf and bring it down about 1/3 down the line.
2. Bring your needle up at the top of the leaf directly next to, but a little bit lower on the outline of that very first stitch.
3. Then take your needle and bring it down on that center line just below your previous stitch.
4. Next you will repeat that same stitch process on the other side of the leaf, creating a symmetry.
5. Continue this same process, ping-ponging from side to side, as you work your way down the leaf following the outline.
To read through all the other stitches in my library, click HERE.
Comments will be approved before showing up.